The Belgian Data Vault Modeling and Data Governance Conference
The Belgian Data Vault Modelling & Data Governance Conference is a one-day conference with 2 parallel tracks: one on data vault modelling and one on data governance. It is organised by IT Works in cooperation with DV-Community.
During this one-day conference on Data Vault Modelling and Data Governance, we look at strategies, guidelines and technologies for supporting the data management capabilities of the future.
Mastercourse ‘Data Innovation beyond the Hype’ – Bring your own data innovation challenge
The mastercourse ‘Data Innovation beyond the Hype’ held by the Data and AI Competence Lab of Sirris (EluciDATA Lab) provides pragmatic and industry-oriented sessions on data-driven innovation. The mastercourse cycle consists of six general sessions, covering the different steps of the data science workflow. Additionally, the Lab has developed a set of new topic specific sessions focusing on industrial applications of data science and artificial intelligence.
Sharing Session: Data organizing and visualizing
We’ve invited 2 guest speakers to share their process and tools behind a specific project:
– Data scientist Karim Douieb about his project https://brussels-diversity.jetpack.ai.
– 2nd speaker – to be announced
ITS.BE Congress on sustainable mobility through innovation
- The future of mobility: lessons learned from the Uber IPO – Nick Hilhorst, BeNeLux Manager Uber
- Euthanasia of the salary car – Miel Horsten, Chairman RENTA & CEO ALD BeNeLux
- Policies and new regulation in a time of shared and autonomous mobility – Filip Boelaert, Secretary-general Flemish Department of Mobility and Public Works
- Sustainable mobility planning for the Brussels region – Christophe Vanoerbeek, Director-general Brussels Mobility
Meetup Expert Session: AI & ML & RL, Multi-agent Design
In this meetup we will explore how to combine different algorithms by distributing them in the for of an agent. Then we will see how AI can select which agents are better suited for the task, might that be DL, RL, regression, etc. We will also see how to make this in practice with a demo in NLP.
Dataviz Belgium, Autumn Meetup
- Martin De Wulf, on populationpyramid.net and why it indicates we’re missing a replacement for paper atlasses
- Marielle Lange, on the challenges of plotting IOT streams
- Frederik De Bleser, on Nodebox, a no-coding, creative data visualisation tool made in Belgium
- Tim Dries, on participating in the Tableau IronViz competition
- Joost Schouppe, on completing roads in OpenStreetMap Belgium
Open data: information workshop on the revised PSI Directive
First there will be a general presentation on the revised PSI Directive, then experts from the Federal, Walloon and Flemish administration will inform us about how they dealt with the PSI Directive in the past and especially what they tend to do with this revised PSI Directive. Finally, an interactive session with your input will take place.
Mastercourse ‘Data Innovation beyond the Hype’ – The opportunities and challenges of fleet-based analytics
The mastercourse ‘Data Innovation beyond the Hype’ held by the Data and AI Competence Lab of Sirris (EluciDATA Lab) provides pragmatic and industry-oriented sessions on data-driven innovation. The mastercourse cycle consists of six general sessions covering the different steps of the data science workflow. Additionally, the Lab has developed a set of new topic specific sessions focusing on industrial applications of data science and artificial intelligence.
19th Data Science Leuven Meetup
– Olivier Jeunen, UA: Counterfactual learning for recommendation
– Sofie Van Landeghem: NLP – Entity linking with spaCy
– Joris Renkens: Telenet Location Services
9.00pm: Beers (STUKcafé, Naamsestraat 96, 3000 Leuven)
Seminar ‘Fleet-based analytics for data-driven operation and maintenance optimisation’
After three successful editions, the HYMOP consortium is organising a fourth and final edition. The seminar focuses on the challenges of optimising the operation and maintenance of a fleet of machines by means of data-driven analytics and hybrid modelling strategies. (The seminar will be held in English.) ‘Fleet-based analytics for data-driven operation and maintenance optimisation’
Data Science Louvain-la-Neuve
– 19h15 – “How we built a Job Recommender for the Belgian Public Employment Service with Deep Learning?” by Laurent Sober (Radix.ai)
– 20h15 – “Machine learning at UCLouvain: high-dimensional data, feature selection and extraction, and beyond…” by Michel Verleysen (UCL).
The talks will be followed by an opportunity to enjoy a beer and chat with the speakers/attendees.
Cobots in de voeding: Waar vinden ze een toepassing?
Welke toepassingen kennen Cobots in de voedingsindustrie al? We geven je een stand van zaken tijdens ons evenement op 19 september. We brengen experts samen met technologie-aanbieders en onderzoeksgroepen.
Organisator: Flanders’ FOOD ism met Sirris en POM West-Vlaanderen
Ateliers Internationaux d’Intelligence Artificielle (AIIA) – Workshop 4
Thème : L’intelligence artificielle change-t-elle rapidement notre vie et l’économie ? : la coopération homme-machine en question(s). Organisé par l’Eurometropolitan e-Campus.
– Roald Sieberath (Multi-entrepreneur et initiateur du projet AI Black Belt)
– Xavier Bastin (CEO du Microsoft Innovation Center Belgique)
– Frédéric Carbonnelle et Nathan Pire (Développeurs Evangélistes)
– Michel Herquet (Managing Partner chez B12 Consulting)
– Anne-Sophie Bridoux (Active au sein du centre de recherche et d’innovation Multitel)
EIAS Morning Talk Let’s Talk AI with Ethan TU, founder of the Taiwan AI Labs
The European Institute for Asian Studies (EIAS) has the pleasure of inviting you to its Morning Talk”LET’S TALK AI” with Ethan TU, founder of the Taiwan AI Labs and Microsoft’s Former Director of Research and Development in AI in the Asia-Pacific Region. This EIAS Morning Talk will focus on Taiwan’s AI achievements and business environment, including an assessment of AI developments in the Asia-Pacific Region, as well as government regulations on AI and the Taiwan experience. It will also discuss the ethical use of AI in its application.
Fin and Tonic: AI (B-Hive event)
- 18:30 Welcome + Intro New members
- 18:40 Use case by our members and partners
- 19:40 Panel discussion
- 20:10 Drinks & Networking
AI4Belgium – Ethical Guidelines
The High Level Expert Group (HLEG) on AI appointed by the European Commission has published their Ethical Guidelines for Trustworthy AI. Their goal is to provide an assessment list (chapter 3 of the document) which can be used by developers and deployers of AI to include ethics into their AI systems. To make sure that the list is relevant, they have launched a piloting phase on 26 June during which organisations can supply feedback on the assessment list.
To ensure that the interests of the Belgian AI ecosystem is well represented. AI4Belgium will offer guidance during this process as well as make a consolidated vision from AI4Belgium on these guidelines.
The AI4Copernicus Day 2019
The Copernicus Relays of Wallonia (Belgium) and Luxembourg have the pleasure of inviting you to their upcoming hot topic event on ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE IN EARTH OBSERVATION, the first of its kind to be organized in Belgium.
Artificial Intelligence applied in industry (AIAI): deep learning and anomaly detection
Are you looking for down-to-earth, practical information on state-of-the-art AI technology? Perhaps you have been disappointed in the past by either vague AI prophecies for the future, or by old BI technology that was simply rebranded with “AI Inside”. By contrast, this symposium focuses on the concrete business value that AI can provide for you already today. You will hear about industrial use cases, built on the latest technological and scientific state-of-the-art.
AI @UMONS ! Venez découvrir l’Intelligence Artificielle Made in UMONS !
Ce 12 septembre 2019, venez découvrir l’Intelligence Artificielle Made in UMONS !
Evènement gratuit, avec la participation de l’Agence du Numérique (AgenceduNumerique) et de AI4Belgium.
Qui a peur de l’intelligence artificielle ? Pas vous !
L’intelligence artificielle (IA) est la nouvelle électricité. La transformation technologique ne va pas s’arrêter. Elle va même encore s’accélérer puisque l’IA est inscrite dans les feuilles de route de nos administrations. Mais que se cache-t-il derrière ce concept d’IA? Quelles sont les applications possibles et les grands enjeux, notamment RH ?
Partenaires: EAP (Ecole d’administration publique), FormaForm, Peoplesphere et Digital Wallonia